Friday, August 19, 2011

Why Anthropologie should hire me...

I am not one to brag...but my room looks SWEET. also--I did a lot of super cheap, lovely things to make it look good!  I shall share now. Take a gander.


Ok this is my bed.   The frame was $99.00 from IKEA.  The duvet cover is one I made a while ago by sewing a bed sheet on the back of a tablecloth. I don't know where I came up with the idea.  Super lovely. The curtains are beautiful (and $6.00) napkins from Ten Thousand Villages which I lined so they wouldn't fade and hung with curtain clips from a black curtain rod.  done.


This is...uhh..my bedside table and sitting area?  I guess.  I've never had one of them before.  haha. The chair was once in my living room. I love it.  It didn't really match the red shag carpet (yikes) so I threw this Navajo looking blanket on the back (which i found while going through my grandma's house last summer), which includes some red stripes and ties is all together (sort of).  I AM OBSESSED WITH BEES--hence the pillow. got it at TJ maxx. The bedside table was in my attic.  Apparently they are from some Milton Hershey thing.  My mom says there is one in the Hershey Museum.  Sweet. The mirror is one my roommate bought back in the day which i spray painted black.  That is my cat's bed--which is an old laundry basket with a pillow in it.  Riley likes it, thank you very much.




This is my dresser.  It is old.  On top I have this sweet mirror from Ikea, a beautiful hurricane lamp from my grandma Lucy, and various perfumes.  The thing my earrings are on is an old screen from my basement window that I found in the basement.  I have been keeping my headbands in a vase for a while now...i think it is a great way to display them and keep them from getting bent.  The picture in the frame is from a yoga magazine.  I am all about cutting crap out of magazines and putting it in frames.  so chic! 





This is my desk/bookshelf area.  The desk and bookshelf are from Ikea.  The chair is from an old library. we have like 5 at my house for no apparent reason.  The bulletin boards (one on the wall and one on my desk) are old ones I had that I painted and covered with great fabric i found in the basement.  I dried some Yarrow and put it in a big canning jar on my desk cause it matches my wall perfectly and is pretty. The teal "A"is one I painted.  And again with the framed magazine clippings. haha.  To the left of my bookshelf is a basket holder rack thing from the grandma's house which I have hung my 400 bags on.  Another good way to store them/display them. 

I think that is it.  I have loved making this space my home.  If you know anything about it pre-remodel.  It was horrific.  There were apple stencils.  dreadful. 

hope you enjoy. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment